Vogon Labs has the personnel and equipment to meet challenging analytical demands. The list below provides some examples of the work performed using GC-QQQ, LC-QQQ and LC-QTOF. We have also assisted clients in troubleshooting specific techniques and procedures, and also with general lab functions and workflow, making operations more efficient and reliable.
- Naphthenic Acids
- Pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs)
- Pesticides, Fungicides, Herbicides
Food and Feed Safety
- Veterinary Drugs
- Drugs of abuse
- Vitamins (B12, D3)
- Chemical warfare agents and metabolites
Vogon Labs provides training, method development, sample analysis and troubleshooting support to a variety of institutions and organizations, including:
- federal government
- provincial / state governments
- private testing labs
- private companies
These clients have represented a wide range of industries, including:
- health and medical
- chemical formulation
- oil and gas
- defense research
- instrument manufacturing
Vogon Labs staff members have traveled to many countries in four continents to provide these services.
Publications and Presentations
Peer-reviewed scientific papers
- Fast, extraction-free analysis of chlorinated phenols in well water by high-performance liquid chromatographytandem mass spectrometry, Matthew Noestheden, Don Noot, Ralph Hindle, Journal of Chromatography A, 1263 (2012), 68-73.
- Quantitative analysis of naphthenic acids in water by liquid chromatographyaccurate mass time-of-ﬂight mass spectrometry, Ralph Hindle, Matthew Noestheden, Kerry Peru, John Headley, Journal of Chromatography A, 1286 (2013) 166174.
Application Note for Agilent Technologies.
Presentations at National and International conferences in the areas of Environmental, Pharmaceutical and Food Safety.
- Western Canada Trace Organic Workshops
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry annual conferences
- Calibration and Validation Group (CVG), Toronto, 2009
- Decon Science and Technology Conference, Lake Louise, AB 2010
- Aquatic Toxicity Workshop (ATW), Winnipeg, 2011
- South East Asia (Bangkok, Thailand), 2011
- Food Safety Seminar, Bangalore, India, 2011
- Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane , Australia, 2013 (?)
- International Symposium on Persistent Toxic Substances, Edmonton, AB, 2013